Saturday 17 September 2011

REVIEW of Werewolf – Greg Hair

LANDON MURPHY, a werewolf who has a knack for tracking, a penchant for killing, and an affinity for the bottle, walks the streets at night removing those from society who would escape the limits of the law. Further compounding his life is a serial killer, and the addition of two individuals, LillyAnna and Jamie, whom he helps introduce to the larger world of the supernatural. Landan soon discovers, however, that he’s not the only werewolf with secrets...

This was so enjoyable!! I found it more enjoyable than the Twilight Saga as I was drawn in by the story and I found it easy to read. I also found it easy to understand each character and the way they interacted with each other.
There were two stories happening in the book and they seemed separate to me and I found it hard to comprehend at first what was going on, but as I kept reading I began to wonder how the two stories were connected. The way they were brought together made the story more interesting and exciting.
My favourite part of the book was learning more about the werewolf’s and how they came to be the way they are. I also liked how the way the werewolf’s and vampires in this book were friends not enemies. This made the story more interesting. It was great to see the vampires and werewolf’s working together and not against each other.
My favourite character was Landon, who was a main character. He was my favourite as he was mysterious and I liked the fact that he kept his secrets. He lived a simple life that turned out to be a bit more complicated than first expected.

The relationship between Landon, LillyAnna and Jamie stood out for me because of their connection to each other. Landon is the centre of the relationship as he befriended both LillyAnna then Jamie and too them to Germany to train as werewolf’s and to discover their true purpose in their new form. As the story develops so does the relationship. The relationship goes from being friends to LillyAnna falling in love with Landon while a new connection is made between LillyAnna and Jamie, which makes things seem somewhat awkward for them both. Landon’s relationship with Jamie changes in a very unexpected way. 
I highly anticipate the next instalment: Werewolf: Ascension as I am looking forward to knowing how LillyAnna’s training goes and how the relationship between Jamie and Landon develops.
I give this a high rating of 5/5

LINKS:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11428462-werewolf

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.194326990616332.46384.194326547283043&saved#!/pages/Greg-Hair-Author/186644468013166

https://www.createspace.com/3545961

http://www.amazon.com/Werewolf-Greg-Hair/dp/1456534467/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1304457376&sr=8-1

No comments:

Post a Comment